How To Change Your Facebook Page To A Local Business
Every business needs a Facebook page. Facebook has over 1.92 billion users daily, making it one of the largest social media platforms in the world. You can’t get that sort of advertising from ads in your local newspaper or a billboard; you need to set up a Facebook page.
Thankfully, Facebook offers free services to help companies connect with their target audiences. Companies can feature their hours, reviews, website URL, and additional information all in one place using the Business Page feature. At the same time, companies can use their Facebook Page to post about their features, set up paid ads, and more.
While there are many important features on Facebook pages, the category feature is one that you should not overlook. The category feature helps clients find your business based on its information.
What Are Facebook Page Categories?
Each Facebook page has two page categories: the main category and a subcategory. The main category is used to describe your primary area of work. The subcategory is meant for a smaller niche.
Both categories help people find your company when looking for companies with the same categories. For example, if you log on to Facebook and search real estate businesses, you will only see companies with “Real Estate” listed as a category in the results.
Keep Your Page Up To Date
Businesses grow and change over time, and you need all your pages to stay up to date with the most accurate information. If your services or company has changed, you need to change your Facebook Page category.
Owners that do not change their category settings are in store for an unpleasant surprise; if you do not edit your categories, then it is likely that your company will not show up in the search results. Your business’s page will be practically invisible to everyone searching for it.
Keep your page up to date. We can teach you how to change your category settings. Follow the instructions below to learn how to change your Facebook Page settings to reflect a new category.
How To Change Your Facebook Page Category
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Navigate to your Business Page. You can find your Page by looking at the left menu while viewing the feed of your personal account.
- In the Settings for Admin Panel, click “Edit Page.” This will allow you to change your page info, including the business category.
- Click “Update Info” to proceed to the Basic Information tab. Under the Basic Information tab, you can edit the category, subcategory, and name of your Business Page.
- There are two drop-down menus at the top of the page next to one another. The first drop-down menu is the main page category, and the second is the subcategory. Here is how you can switch your existing category:
- Click the drop-down menus that you want to change.
- Select a new category from the dropdown list.
- Click “Save” to save changes to your Business Page.
- Your new category is live!
How to Change Your Business Name
If your company has also changed its name, you will need to edit your Facebook Business Page to reflect the new name. Here is how you can change the name of your page:
- Complete steps 1 – 4 listed above.
- Click the Name text box.
- Delete your page name.
- Type in a new one.
- Save changes by clicking the “Save” button.
Note: We do not recommend changing your business’s name if you have over 250 followers because it could get confusing. We would recommend that you delete your page and start again.
Set Up A Facebook Account
Do you not have a Facebook page for your business? Now is the time to set one up! We have included step-by-step instructions to help you create a Facebook page for your business. Follow the instructions below.
How To Create A Facebook Business Page
- Log in to your personal account. If you do not have one, you will need to sign up for a Facebook account. All pages are connected to personal accounts to ensure there is an admin.
- Navigate to https://www.facebook.com/pages/create. You will be prompted to create a new page.
- Enter your business information on the panel on the left side. A preview of the Business Page will update on the right. Here are some tips for creating your page:
- Use your business name or the name that people will search for when looking for your company. It should align with any other business pages that you have already set up on other areas of the internet (i.e., Google, Yellowpages, etc.)
- In the category box, type in some keywords that describe your business. Facebook will recommend some page categories that fit your business.
- Keep the description of your business short to keep customers interested! Facebook limits descriptions to 255 characters.
- It is time to add pictures! Upload a profile picture and a cover image to your page. We recommend using your business logo for the profile photo of your Business Page. Photographs used for ads are great options for your cover photo.
- Click on “Create Username” to create a username, also known as a vanity URL, that you can use to link to your Facebook Page. Type in a name, up to a maximum of 50 characters. When the green checkmark appears, you are good to go.
- Fill in the Provide Info and Preferences section to ensure that users have all the information they need about your business. All the information inserted will be included in your Facebook About section. You will need to include:
- Business hours
- Website URL
- Complete the “Add an action button” section to allow customers to engage with your business in real-time. There are several calls to action that you can include, such as:
- Book Now
- Get Quote
- Contact Us
- Send Message
- Call Now
- Start Order
- Review everything before you hit “Publish.” Once you have hit “Publish,” your page is now live for everyone to see! You can access your page and connect with consumers with a click of a button.
Get Help Managing Your Facebook
We know that running your own company can take a lot of time. Get someone to manage your Facebook Page for you! Our social media experts can help manage your Facebook page, create organic and paid ads to advertise your company, measure and review Page Insights, and more! Contact us today to learn more about our services.
To amplify the impact of your localized Facebook page, consider enlisting the expertise of a Facebook advertising service. These services can strategically target local audiences and design campaigns that resonate with your community’s interests and preferences.
Moreover, enhancing your online visibility goes beyond social media. Collaborating with an SEO agency in Toronto can significantly bolster your local online presence. By optimizing your website and online profiles for local search terms, your business can be more easily discovered by individuals searching for products and services in your area.
In conclusion, transforming your Facebook page into a local business hub involves strategic steps that align your online presence with your business’s locality. By leveraging the capabilities of social media marketing services and SEO expertise, you can optimize your visibility and engagement, effectively connecting with your local community and potential customers.