Thanks for choosing to partner with us! We look forward to working with you and we’re confident that we’ll be able to run a successful marketing campaign that will generate real results for your business.
1. Service Agreement, Statement of Work, Initial Invoice
Please review these documents and don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. If everything is in order and you’re in agreement, please sign and either scan or snap a photo and send us a copy.
Along with the Service Agreement and Statement of Work, we’ll send our first retainer invoice to initiate the set-up month. You can fill in our secure form to provide your credit card, or send an e-transfer if you’re in Canada to email@example.com, or send a Paypal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the set-up month, we’ll move to automatic credit card billing unless otherwise arranged. We will always send you an invoice three days before the automatic billing so that you have a record for your accounting.
Please note: we’ll need to receive the two signed documents and payment in order to start our process.
2. Intake Forms
There are 3 intake forms:
- Discovery Form (if we covered this during our initial consultation, please disregard)
- Branding Elements Form
- Secure Password Form
3. Discovery Form
For the Discovery form, we may have already covered this, but please fill in as much as you can so that we can learn more about you.
4. Branding Elements Form
The Branding Elements form is designed to collect important assets like your logo(s), fonts, colours, etc. If you already have your brand elements organized in a Google Drive or Dropbox folder, you can go ahead and share it with us:
- Google Drive: email@example.com (preferred)
- Dropbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Secure Password Form
The Secure Password form is exactly that–a completely secure way to collect your sensitive data using our SSL certificate. In addition to collecting your social media and website passwords and logins, we also collect your billing information. Our process is to send you an invoice a few days before the end of each month, and then billing takes place automatic on your credit card at the beginning of the month.
Please note that the form will not be complete until you’ve reached this final confirmation page:
We need two kinds of access for Facebook:
1. access to your page for regular social media posting
2. access to your business manager and ad manager for your advertising
1. a) On Facebook, we’ll let you know when we’ve sent the request to your page to add Barker Social Marketing as an agency. Click here to learn how to accept an Administrator request on Facebook.
1. b) Please also add Mandi Gould as an admin to the page.
2. For your advertising, you will need to obtain your Facebook Ad Account ID number. You must have a Facebook Business Manager account and Ad Manager account, not just a regular Facebook account. These accounts will provide the ability to run ads with full targeting and marketing capabilities.
If you don’t already have these necessary accounts, you can make them by following these links:
- Create a Business Manager account: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1710077379203657
- Create (or add) an Ad account: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/910137316041095
Once you have a Business Manager and Ad Manager, please follow these instructions to find your Facebook Ad Account ID number and please send the number to us. We’ll use it to send you an invitation, which you can accept.
**If you would prefer that we take care of all of this for you, you can share your Facebook login with us and we can do it for you. We don’t normally collect your private Facebook login but some people just find that easier. Please use our secure form and write your login in the comments section.
For LinkedIn, please add Mandi Gould as an administrator of your business page. Click here to learn how to add an Administrator to your LinkedIn business page.
8. Google Analytics
If you already have Google Analytics on your website, please add a user for the email address:
Please check the boxes for Read & Analyze and Manage Users like this:
**Please note that we will require the ability to manage user rights so that we can connect a special email address that will collect your website data for reporting. If you prefer, you may add it yourself: email@example.com
Click here to learn how to add an Administrator to your Google Analytics. If you don’t have Google Analytics, please let us know and we can help to get that set up.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an administrator following these steps.
- On YouTube, sign in as the owner of the Brand Account.
In the top right, click the account icon and select the channel you want to manage.
- Go to the channel’s account settings by clicking the channel icon > then Settings or settings icon Settings .
- Click Add or remove managers. You’ll be redirected to the “Brand Account details” page.
- Click Manage permissions. You’ll see a list of people who can manage the account.
- To invite new people, choose Invite new users Ask people to manage.
- Enter their email addresses: email@example.com
- Below their names, choose their role: Manager (Note that communications managers don’t have access to YouTube channels and won’t be useful.)
- Select Invite and then Done.
10. Unique Branded Links
We would like to offer to set up unique shortened links to use for your brand. These look very sophisticated and make a positive brand impression. Here’s an example: go.barkersocial.com/value
- Log into your domain hosting account (GoDaddy, Hostgator, Register.com, etc).
- Navigate to DNS Settings page.
- Add a new record for the root domain name:
- Record type: A
- Hostname (or Name): go
- Point to (or Address/Value): 126.96.36.199
11. Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
There is no way to add an administrator or manager on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. For those, you’ll need to share the passwords using our secure form.
Phew! Got all that? We know that there’s a lot, but don’t worry! Once we’re through this initial phase, we’ll be ready to rock n’ roll!
An important note: our Project Coordinator, Laura Barros, is located in Portugal. As we test some of the logins, you may notice logins that list Portugal. Not to fear, that’s us! This is also true of our Web & Tech Guru, Jay Zambrano, who is located in Colombia.
Don’t hesitate to contact us whenever you have questions and thank you for your business.
Learn about our process, click here.
Thanks, we can’t wait to get started!
Mandi & the Barker Social Team