How to Spot if your Social Media Staff is “Winging It”
Do you have someone on staff, either full or part-time, who is taking care of your social media marketing?
When investing in social media, it’s important to determine if you’re getting a return on your investment. Even the most well-intentioned staff member will have trouble staying up to snuff if they are engaged with the ongoing and continuously evolving updates to social media marketing.
When trying to determine if you’re getting the most value from your marketing, here are the key flags to look out for in your marketing department:
- No reporting
- No analytics
- Unclear records of the content and quantity that’s been shared
- No social media library
- A lot of time spent without being able to identify or define the results of that time commitment
- Unqualified “wins” and updates that aren’t backed up by reports or statistics
What to do about weak social media resources:
- Reallocate your staff members to other tasks, or let them go altogether, and outsource your social media marketing to experts.
- Engage a social media consultant to audit your current processes, identify areas of improvement, train your existing staff, and implement new processes and reporting.
In many cases, working with a social media consultant to audit your existing marketing campaigns and help your staff to stay current and productive in their work can make a world of difference on your overall ROI. In other cases, you may find that outsourcing your social media to experts is a more cost-effective solution.
The bottom line is that your brand needs a strong social media presence. It’s critical to your overall branding success and business growth.
If you’d like to perform an audit on your existing social media presence, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. We’d be happy to work alongside you and your staff to help you establish the best possible results and return on your investment.