Why is social media important?
80% of social media users connect with brands on social media and more than 60% of those people are more likely to seek out a product or service after seeing it on social media. Facebook alone, the world’s largest social network, reported 2.4 billion monthly active users as of April 2019. That’s a massive pool of potential customers no business can afford to ignore.
- Gets your brand in front of existing and potential customers
- Gives your audience the chance to get to know you
- Gives you a chance to get to know your target audience
- Builds a trusting relationship with your audience
- Establishes strong brand recognition
When managed strategically and effectively, you can use these social media opportunities to accelerate your business growth.
What social media networks are right for your business?
To determine what social media networks are right for your business:
- Identify your target customers
- Determine where they are
While there are many social media platforms to choose from, when you’re first getting started we recommend one of the following combinations for your target areas of focus:
- Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for consumer, recreational, or entertainment businesses
- LinkedIn combined with Facebook and Twitter for professional services
How can you use social media to build your brand?
- Identify your target customers’ needs
- Share helpful content that demonstrates that you understand their wants & needs
- Use your content and interactions to build a trusting relationship
- Explain how your products or services will fulfill your target customers’ wants & needs
What does CPC stand for?
CPC stands for Cost per Click in reference to digital marketing advertising costs, such as Facebook and Google ads. For example, if you spend $25 on an ad and get 25 clicks on the ad, the CPC would be $1.
Why are Facebook ads important?
Because of the Facebook algorithms, which are in place to control over-advertising, organic reach is very low on Facebook for business pages. Unless you’re promoting some of your content and, more importantly, running Facebook ads, your reach is extremely limited. Luckily, when you do pay for advertising on Facebook, the targeting capabilities are powerful and cost effective.
Learn more in our blog post: How to Improve your Marketing ROI with Facebook Ads
How can you measure social media results?
When measuring your social media return against your investment (ROI), you should measure three metrics:
Cost per Exposure – How many people are seeing your content?
Cost per Engagement – How many people are engaging with your content?
Cost per Conversion – How many people are responding to your calls to action?
Should your business have a blog?
Yes! Your business should have a blog. A business blog establishes familiarity and builds trusting relationships with your target audience by sharing knowledge for free, which helps turn more browsers into buyers. Here are 6 reasons why you need a business blog:
1. You establish yourself as an expert.
2. Google loves frequent updates, which helps your SEO.
3. Your website becomes rich in keywords, which also boosts your SEO.
4. You equip yourself with useful resources.
5. You generate excellent content to share on social media.
6. You solidify your own knowledge.
Learn more about why your business should have a blog in our blog post: The Top 6 Benefits of a Business Blog
What content should I include on my business blog?
Here are some blog post ideas for your business blog:
- Tips and “how to” information
- Storytelling that outlines problems with solutions
- Answers to common questions
- Industry news
- Expert insights
Remember, a business blog is not a sales page. Your goal should be to offer your readers value (for free!) to help them build trust and familiarity with your brand.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization, or SEO for short, is the way in which search engines such as Google rank the results when you perform a search. It helps them decide what should appear on the first page and what can be left towards the bottom or on subsequent pages.
Learn more about SEO in our blog post: What is SEO?
Why is SEO important?
Without SEO (search engine optimization) the people who are searching for your service, product, or solution won’t be able to find you online, which means losing business to your competitors.
For more information about SEO, read our blog post: 5 Tips to Boost your SEO